Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Alec lost his first tooth!

Not many 3 year olds get a visit from the tooth fairy, however, Alec will get that privilege tonight.
He had a tooth that grew in funny and chipped off when he was 2. The dentist put a crown on it. Well last week the crown fell off, along with most of the remaining tooth. There wasn't enough there to salvage, so the whole thing came out. The dentist offered to put in a little denture tooth for looks, but I declined. (I really don't feel like paying for a baby denture tooth!) He will look funny for a year or two, but then he will fit in with all of the other 5-6 year olds loosing their teeth. And eventually he will have a nice new tooth growing in that spot.

And even a missing tooth doesn't put any damper on that kids smile!

2 comments:

Kimberlee said...

How cute is he...even missing a tooth!

Melissa Hernandez said...

I bet he was so excited to get a visit from the tooth fairy!! Your pictures from camping turned out really cool, it looks like you had a good time. You say you're not a camper, but twice in a month......hmmmmm........I think you just don't want to admit it's your favorite thing (wink wink)