Alec told us he wanted to try the Jedi Training. We were shocked because he is shy and does not like to perform in public. He then told us one of his friends at school had done it and he wanted to try it too. (Nothing like a little Jedi peer pressure).
They only pick so many kids out of the audience. We sat in the hot sun for 45 minutes to be on the front row for a better chance at being picked. I also talked him into jumping up and down and waving his arms. He got picked and he was thrilled.
They then gave him a robe and light saber and trained them in a few moves. Then the kids were able to fight either Darth Vader or Darth Mal. Alec fought Darth Vader.
It was super fun to see because (#1) Alec overcame some of his anxieties about performing in front of people, and (#2) he is still little enough to enjoy this kind of stuff.
I really like the part where he drops his light saber and the trainer uses the force to convince us that we didn't see that. (I think I pushed a wrong button because the recording was cut and I didn't get the whole thing).
10 years ago





3 comments:
Way to go Alec. And I'm super proud that he overcame some of his anxieties about being in front of people. Taking this to mean that there is hope for my kids. xoxo
That was awesome..funny thing is though..I honestly didn't see it at first..lol..had to watch it again :P
awww.my sammy got to do tha too--we had to frame his padawan certificate as proof. :)
Post a Comment