I almost forgot about one of the fun parts of our trip. My awesome friend Karen went to Orlando with some friends the same week we went to California. Karen was supposed to come with us to Disneyland last October, but that trip fell through. We were sad she couldn't come with us for spring break, but were thrilled that she could go to Disney World.
So in order to vacation "together" we decided to text each other during our trip. Here is some of our textcation (Karen put this on her blog and gave me permission to use it. Thanks Karen for typing this all out. I don't even want to know how much time it took):
April 3, 2011
K: “Hi Sarah. I’m sitting on the balcony of our hotel room and enjoying the morning air. The flight was good. How did your kids react to their Disney news?”
K: “Heading to the Haunted Mansion”
K: “My first park vomiting is now under my belt”
S: “Just got your text. Sorry you puked. How come? We are now on our 10th hour of driving. Ready to be done. How has the rest of your day been? We have a 3 hour time diff between us!”
K: “In line for Space Mountain!”
S: “I love space mountain. It is in the dark which is freaky! We just got to our hotel!”
K: “Have a good sleep!”
April 4, 2011
K: “Good Morning! What is on the agenda today? We’re on our way to Hollywood Studios and then I think we’re going to Sea World tonight.
S: “We are picking up our tickets and heading into Disneyland!”
S: “We are in line for Indiana Jones! The kids favorite.”
K: “Cool! I’m in line for Toy Story :) yay
S: “The new one? That one is my favorite! I even have the wii game. We are in line for the Buzz Lightyear ride”
K: “Tower of Terror was AWESOME. Have fun on Buzz.
S: “I love the Tower of Terror. Glad you liked it. We just watched Alec take Jedi training!
S: “Standing in super hot, long line for Nemo
K: “It is so hot here too. I’m kinda dying.
S: “My kids are super grumpy. Even at the happiest place on earth :)
S: “Nothing that a little frozen lemonade can’t fix :) “
K: “Good. We have a grumpy kid and it’s not much fun. We’re at Disney! Cheer up! :) “
S: “They are just hot and tired. It’s afternoon meltdown time.”
K: “Just hit Sea World”
K: “We’re here for a dinner but then we can see the park”
S: “On the Pirate ride. Have Fun at Sea World”
S: “How has your evening been? We are in line for Thunder Mountain Railroad. It has finally cooled off here!”
Sarah: “Did you know men wear capris? Who knew?”
K: “Sea World was fun. I was too big for the roller coasters but went on Atlantis and got soaked. I’m on the way back now to hit the hay. Beware Thunder Mountain. It made my puke :) “
K: Men in capris?!
S: “Oh yeah love me some Thunder Mountain! I always forget how much I enjoy that one!
April 5, 2011
K: “Good morning! We are headed to Epcot. Where is your day taking you?”
S: “We are on our way to California Adventures. What is Epcot?”
K: “We last-minute changed our minds. We’re in the Magic Kingdom and are headed to the Tea Cups”
S: “Those might make you sick. Don’t let the kids turn the wheel too much”
S: “Been in the Toy Story ride line for over and hour! It is super crowded here.”
S: “At Bug’s Life attraction. Didn’t you say you love Bug’s Life?”
K: “I love Bug’s Life!!! We’re going to Animal Kingdom Thursday and I will spend some time with Flik!!”
K: “On a side note, I got to hug Chip & Dale today which pretty much rocked my socks off :) “
S: “That is awesome. We saw them and my kids were like: who are they? Makes me feel old”
S: “In line for Tower of Terror. Being entertained by a girl in line who is very high on something :) “
K: “I love Tower of Terror. Enjoy. It could be especially fun if the high girl is on your elevator”
S: “True! She just asked us if we were from the lake of the salt.”
S: “She might be coming down off her high. She just mellowed all of a sudden.”
K: “Pop. Crashing girl could be less fun in the elevator!”
S: “No high girl on the ride with us. Just a tearful Alec.”
K: “That’s too bad. It is pretty freaky.”
April 6, 2011
K: “Good Morning Sarah :) What are you up to today? I’m watching the boys (downtown Disney, pool, arcade…) while the family go to Universal. I’ll miss Harry but I’m glad to help out.”
S: “I am sorry you will miss Harry Potter. We are on our way to Lego Land”
S: “How is your day so far?
K: “Good. How bout you?”
S: “Legos are awesome. Wish this place was open longer!
S: “On our way to Medieval Times. Hope it is as good as I have heard it is :)
K: “Lucky! Have fun :)
April 7, 2011
S: “Good morning! What are you up to today? We are back at Disney. Waiting in line to see Mickey!
K: “In line for Expedition Everest! Wahoo!!! I’m excited for animal kingdom today. How was Mickey?”
S: “What is expedition everest? Mickey was great. Got a good family photo. Love me some Mickey!”
K: “Ooo… it’s a roller coaster up Mt. Everest where you’ll meet a yeti
S: “Aww a yeti. It is not every day you can work a yeti into your day
K: “I’m at the Lion King show. I’ve heard it’s good.”
S: “I have heard it is good too. Let me know what you think.”
S: “When are you flying back home? Today has been jacket weather. It has been so nice”
K: “The Lion King was really good. It’s the best show we saw. We’re leaving tomorrow so it’s goodbye Disney. I didn’t get to see the ride I most wanted to though so I defiantly need to come again. Lucky you to have such great weather”
S: “What is the ride you wanted to go on most?”
K: “Bug’s Life. Silly I know but I just love that movie”
S: “I am sorry you didn’t get to bug’s life. That is actually one of Brett’s favorites to so we always have to go there. There is a 4-D movie that we all love. You would really love it.”
April 8, 2011
K: “I’m flying home. Had a great “textcation” with you :)
S: “I did too! We will really have to talk about it soon. We are driving home now. Hope you make it home safe and sound.”
K: “Thanks. You drive safe too!”
10 years ago
3 comments:
You are a great texting partner. Our textcation was fun! :)
Man capri's? Really??
I love your textcation. So fun.
My little brother came back form Switzerland (on his mission) into the whole "Manpris" thing! Blech:) You guys are fun texters!! Thanks for charing! Sarah, I am glad you got a new phone and text now:)
Post a Comment