Thursday, August 21, 2008

The First Day Of School

Gavin and Brynn started back to school today. Brynn is in 2nd grade and Gavin is in 3rd grade. Around here you start in a different school for 3rd grade. So Gavin started riding the bus this morning for the first time to go to a new school. (I had major anxieties about this, but he came home in one piece and with a smile on his face...so I guess we all lived).





The house was quiet and clean for a few hours. Alec entertained himself splendidly and I was able to get a lot of work done. It is kind of nice to have the kids back in school, but at the same time handing them over to strangers for most of the day can make you a little sad and anxiety ridden. (But then they come home and after a few hours you are ready for them to go back tomorrow :)

4 comments:

Kimberlee said...

Look how big they are. Tell Gav that he may not have gotten your hopes up about living on Mars, but he sure has Aunt Kim excited! :)

christina pettit said...

Don't worry Sarah. We're trained professional strangers :)

Christina

sarah louise said...

Christina you made me laugh so hard!

Sometimes I forget I was on the professional stranger side of the fence for awhile. Being on the parent side sure is different!

christina pettit said...

Sometimes it scares me when I imagine what the parents think of me. Have you looked at my blog?

When did your kids get so big? Do you realize "our missionaries" will come this year?