Thursday, August 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Alec!

My "baby" turned 4 today. 4 is about the age when they definately stop being a baby and turn into a big kid. You can't even hold onto the fact that they are little and they are still your baby, because at 4 they grow up so much and become very independent, and your little baby is no more. It is hard for me to have Alec turn 4. He is my youngest, so the older he gets the harder it gets for me to let go of all the little things that come with each age. This is the last time for a lot of things. We love Alec. He brings a very happy, vibrant, funny spirit to our family. Happy birthday my little big boy.




(We had a very fun and full day today, but I will post about it later. Because frankly I am very tired from our very fun and full day!)

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

4 years old! Holy Cow when did that happen? Happy Birthday Alec.

Kimberlee said...

SARAH! Can't believe I forgot to call for Alec's birthday. I even mentioned to Spence about three time, "It's Alec's birthday today, we can't forget to call". But then the we ordered pizza and the Olympics....you know! Anyways, happy birthday Alec! Can't believe your four.

Please don't tell me you made that Spiderman cake to!?

Anonymous said...

Alec Walac Woo!!! Happy birthday to you!!!! (this could NOT have been random. He IS named after me)

I wish I could remember being 4. It's like when you turn 5 it all goes to s**t.

Looks like he had a great day!

So many of my girlfriends are having heart tugs 'cause of their little ones are growing up. I'm sending warm fuzzies out to all ya'll.

J.

Yolanda said...

Happy birthday to a very special little man who shares his birthday with a very special little girl...Mommy will tell you all about her.
Happy birthday Alec and Sarah...I know how you are feeling.

sarah louise said...

Kim I did not make the cake. I came to the conclusion that even I can't do everything all the time...this is a hard conclusion for me! We ordered it and picked it up at the store and he was in heaven. It proved that letting something go does not mean that the world will come to an end (:

christina pettit said...

Wow! You're BABY is 4! I remember when Gavin was a secret you were keeping from Rex :)