Friday, September 5, 2008

Alec's first day of Preschool

Alec started preschool yesterday. He has been so excited about it all summer. My friend Jen runs a cute little preschool at her home and all 3 of my kids have gone to it. We were going to put him in last year, but with his anxieties he wasn't ready. What a difference a year makes! He just bounced all in with big smiles. Last year he would have been clinging onto me and screaming for dear life.

As I was leaving he waved, smiled, and said in his loudest voice, "Bye Mommy!" I just thought it was funny to contrast that with my 8 year old son on his first day. As I said bye to him at the bus stop in front of all his friends he says "Bye Mom" through gritted teeth and a look like, "Don't embarrass me in front of my friends!" How fast they change!


Alec with his best friend Tucker and teacher Jen's little boy Destrie

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow how time flies. I love Jen's little school. What are you going to do with your free time?

sarah louise said...

Rebecca I took a 2 hour bubble bath yesterday and read a book. It was great! I haven't had an empty house in 8 years!

Anonymous said...

Adorable! Charlotte starts next Tuesday. I hope she has the same enthusiasm as Alec!

Jen said...

I love the picture and Destrie does too!!

christina pettit said...

Oh Sarah, your family is so beautiful! Look at that smile!
I ran into the Hafers the other day and all of their kids are in school now too. Not mine, sadly.