So what I am thankful for today are Homemade rice and/or corn hot packs.
These things are so wonderful! Just throw them in the microwave for a couple of minutes and instant warmth for a couple of hours. I have had a couple given to me and this year I made a bunch for Christmas presents and Bunco gifts. They are so easy to make. I also learned that you can put them in the freezer and make a cold pack with them.Every night the kids and I put one at the bottom of our feet in bed. So warm and comfy!
(If anyone wants to know how to make these just let me know. They are very easy! Sewing is involved though).
7 comments:
I use mine for aches and pains all the time. They are great!
These are great gift ideas, you will have to try to walk me(tell me) through it during water aerobics. I have got BASIC sewing skils :O)
We have a rice one and a corn one and they are great! With out heat is bad! I am glad you got them fixed. Do you have to do anything to the rice before you put it in your bag?
I still have the bean pack you gave me. I love it. So glad you are warmer. :)
No Lori you just put the rice in. You could probably wash it and dry it, but I don't. It stinks the first couple of times. I wonder if washing it would make it less stinky?
Ok Sarah..I would LOVE to know how to make them...I think I've just found what I'm gonna give for Christmas this year...and birthdays..and so on and so on so please please please share your secret with me :-)
Spencer laughed at me when I made myself a rice pack! He wasn't laughin' when I was in early labor and it was the only thing that would shut me up!
Post a Comment