Thursday, March 12, 2009

Kindergarten

I registered Alec for Kindergarten today. When did he get that big? He was a very high maintenance baby and while I would carry him around all day in the baby back pack in order to get things done, and never getting any sleep until he was 3, and would have to hold his hand while driving, I wished for this day. When he would be big enough that he didn't need me so much.

That day is here and today I was reminded of it. While there is some benefit to your child growing up, there is also some sadness. It just makes you want to put bricks on their heads and make them stop growing up so dang fast!


Alec (2 years old) and Mommy

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I can't believe he is in kindergarten. What are you going to do with yourself?

Anonymous said...

Alec is such a sweet kid. He'll do great...and you will too.

Lori England said...

Life is full of bitter sweet moments!

sherry said...

I cannot believe Alec is now in kindergarten!! It seems like just yesterday he was a baby. They sure do grow up fast. You probably noticed that the comment I posted re Brett's birthday is titled anonomous this is because every blessed time I tried to post, I kept getting a message that my password was incorrect, so I have changed it and I hope this is now fixed. If not, check under anon for any comments from me til Trevor can tell me what on earth I am doing wrong!!

Love, your Aunt Sherry