Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I love 4 year olds

Alec is my third 4 year old that I have raised and I have realized that there are some really fun things about 4 year olds:

* They are "allergic" to all foods they don't like. The other day Alec informed us that he is allergic to the purple cabbage in the bagged salad we were eating.

* They love to help with all household tasks. Alec begs me to clean toilets and mop floors and fold laundry. This phase is very short lived, so I take advantage as much as possible.

* They start to write words with all the letters they know and then ask you what it spells. I love when Alec brings me a peice of paper with GJDUSADF written on it and asks what is spells.

3 comments:

sherry said...

That is so cute,kids really do and say the darndest things!!

Love, Aunt Sherry

Rebecca said...

My mom also loves 4 year olds. She thinks school ruins them. We just want to keep them little. :)

Josie Murdock said...

We have one of those 4 yr olds at our house too. The letter/words is fun to try and say, that is when you just make up a word!