My Santa collection.
For the past couple of years I have started collecting Santa figurines. I like the old fashioned looking Santa's (as opposed to the newer, jolly, rounder, version). Some of my favorite designs are by Jim Shore.

I love the concept of Santa. I remember when I was 6 years old. On Christmas eve I looked out the window of my bedroom and saw a blinking red light in the sky. I just knew it was Rudolph and I went to sleep so excited. I remember waking up the next morning and seeing "reindeer" hoof prints in the snow on the roof (my bedroom was on the second floor and I could see the first floor roof from my window). (It was probably just a cat prints, but I just knew in my 6 year old mind that they were reindeer). That is a magical moment that I will always remember. I like to think that my kids can also feel that same magic and wonderment of the season.
I also love the story behind Santa. The fourth-century bishop Nicholas of Myra's acts of charity inspired the modern Santa legend. The legend came from someone giving to people. That is what Santa is to me: the spirit of giving.
4 comments:
ba humbug just kidding love you Gretta
I love your Santa collection to. Almost as much as I love the wooden advent calendar.
I love that story.
I had a friend that his Dad would climb a ladder and put "Deer prints" in the snow from the edge of the house to the chimney every year so that he could prove his kids wrong every year. Sooooooo Cooooool. I like reading about your memories of Christmas. I try to compare them to mine.
Kile
Post a Comment