Monday, December 8, 2008

Pretty Scary

A couple of days ago I was at my lovely local Wal-mart with Alec. We were at the toy isle and Alec asked me if he could look at something a couple of feet down the isle from me. I told him it was okay and promptly started staring intently at the Littlest Pet Shop display (not for me people, for Brynn!).
30 seconds later I look over and Alec is gone. I start going up and down the toy isles and can't see him anywhere. I go over by the fish and Christmas stuff...no Alec. At this point I start to panic. I saw a employee and told them I can't find my son. They have a cool little system in place where they practically shut down the store until the kid is found (you know the "Code Adam.") For five minutes my heart was pounding out of my chest and tears were in my eyes and feelings I have never felt before were running through me.
Thankfully they found him over by the jewerly counter and after I hugged him I lectured him about wandering away from me. He looked right at me and said, "I wasn't lost mom, I knew exactly where you were. You shouldn't have left the place you said you were going to be!" Little stinker. At that moment you are torn between hugging them forever, and smacking them forever!

7 comments:

Kimberlee said...

First of all, SUPER CUTE new header! And talk about scary! I bet your heart just sunk when you turned around and he wasn't there. Glad you found him quickly. How was your party/get-a-way this weekend?

KyAnn (like Cayenne Pepper, only HOTTER) said...

I'm glad you found my blog. It's great to see your kids... How did they get so big? Blows my mind. You are always welcome on my blog and in my/the girls lives. We love you tons! Tell the whole family hi and they are welcome to swing by our blog to check on their neices and say hi anytime. XOXO Ky

Mikey, Anna, Lillie and Sam said...

That's about what I said to Andrew when I got lost at Lagoon. Just look at the bright side I was lost for about 7 hours or so. I can't imagian how long those few moments felt to you though.

Melissa Hernandez said...

that is one of my biggest fears, because Isa is a wanderer!! What a cute kid though, I can understand his reasoning!!!

Rebecca said...

That is so scary. So glad it turned out OK.

Anonymous said...

The terror! But how can you stay mad at that face?

Anonymous said...

That WOULD be scary!!! That code adam thing is a great idea.
He was by the jewerly? You better buy that boy some bling!

I love you fancy pants!
Jeffery