Monday, December 15, 2008

On the 3rd day of Christmas

On the third day of Christmas things that I love:

Our advent calendar.

My Grandma and Grandpa Spencer sent us an advent calendar a couple of years ago. It is a wooden house with little doors. Every year we have to find 24 little presents and treats to go in each door.
It is the highlight of my kids day. Every morning they wait for each other to wake up and then together they open the door and see what is inside. We love seeing the wonder and excitement on our kids faces every day in December until Christmas. This is a fun tradition at our house.

Today it was tootsie rolls, by the way.

3 comments:

Yolanda said...

Oh my, that is awesome...wonder where they got it. So much better then those cardboard ones with chocolates inside. I'll have to keep my eyes open.

Rebecca said...

I love your count down to Christmas. Keep them coming.

Kimberlee said...

I know I've said this a million times, but I WANT one of those.