Ornaments
Brett's mom started a tradition when her kids were little to give them an ornament every year and then when they got married she gave them all to them. We have kept up the tradition and every year we get our kids, and each other an ornament.


Usually the ornament represents something significant in our lives that year. This year, Christmas seemed to sneak up on us. So we got the kids generic ornaments. They are all little snowman with mini styrafoam balls inside.It it really fun to get the ornaments out every year and remember why we got that ornament that year, and what was going on in our lives. It has become a tradition we really look forward to every year.
In other news: Our van got rear-ended yesterday, and our other car has died and is in the shop. Cars are not our favorite thing at the moment!


7 comments:
I love your ornament tradition, I would like to start something like that with my kids. Sorry about your vehicle situation!
I love your tradition too. It's something that even your kids can carry on. On the other news..I'm glad you all are safe and sound!
I got rear ended the other day to! Though mine does not look as intense as your does!
Hope you are all ok with the car wreck. What an annoyance... Merry Christmas! Ky
Oh no, bad things are not suppose to happen at Christmas. Love the ornaments.
Sorry about your vehicle situation. I have great empathy for you. KyAnn said it to be an annoyance, I would call it a MAJOR inconvenience. The first 2 years of Jen and I's marriage we woke up to a car that wouldn't start. The first year, the radiator was plugged/frozen and wouldn't start and the second year the freeze plugs blew out in a different car. Both years we were supposed to be to a family Christmas party and was late to both. Shortly after, (like maybe 2 years after that), we got rear ended in January (going to a missionary farewell) by a Miller's Semi-Truck that knocked us into another car. So both ends were damaged. They totaled the car, leaving us with 3k to find another reliable vehicle. Not good.
Anyway, on a lighter note:
A: The Lord knows how to keep us humble.
B: In a time of recession maybe the "generic" ornaments could represent that your ornaments have a belly full of styrofoam, much like your family can still have a belly full of food and comfort at this time when others are less fortunate. I know, "CHEESY", but hopefully it helps.
Hope all is Great and Plentiful for you and yours this Holiday season.
Kile
Your kidding! Sorry about the car. That stinks. Merry Christmas Eve!
Post a Comment