Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Fun Weekend

We had a fun weekend this past weekend. On Saturday we went to Salt Lake and dropped the kids off at my brother's house (thanks again Matt and Traci!). Then Brett and I went to the Festival of the Trees. Of course I forgot to bring my camera and the whole time I kept saying, "I wish I had my camera." (For someone who loves to take pictures of everything, I sure do forget my camera a lot).

After that we went to lunch and did some shopping. I love my kids very much, but having a kid free day is heaven! Actually eating your lunch while it is still warm, and talking in a normal voice in the car because you don't have to shout over the noise of children, and only going to the bathroom when you need to, and not having to appologize to everyone in the resturant because your child spills their drink on every surface of the table and floor...is really nice!

Later that night we went to the USU/BYU basketball game. We lost, but it was a very fun game to watch. My favorite part of the game was the BYU fans sitting behind us who would swear! If you knew my feelings about BYU, you would understand why this was my favorite part!

After the game we went to dinner and then to our hotel room. It was wonderful to have a night away just the two of us.

On Sunday we had the Hill family Christmas party with my brothers. Some of my neices and nephews are taller then me! I can't believe how fast they are growing. I swear it was just yesterday that they were my kids ages. It was a fun get together.

We tried to see the lights at Temple Square before going home, but there was a concert or something and NO parking anywhere. So we headed home with Brynn sobbing because we couldn't see the lights.

We packed a lot in, and had a good time. Sorry no pictures. Blogs without pictures are boring, but I never remember my camera!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

What a great weekend. So glad you could get away.

Anonymous said...

We sure enjoyed having the kids last weekend. I hope they wern't too traumatized! Anytime you need a getaway please let us babysit - I can't tell you how much fun we had.

sarah louise said...

Traci,
They had such a great time. Brynn actually cried in the car on the way home because she missed Charlotte and Cooper! It was wonderful to be with you guys. We miss you! Thanks again!

Kimberlee said...

Sounds like a great time. Traci...can we bring our kids by too? :)

christina pettit said...

GO COUGARS!!!!!!!