This week I lost 0.6 pounds. That is a total of 20.6 pounds.
I have personally learned something this week. Of course I have heard it before, but I saw it in action for myself this week. I learned that slow and steady wins the race.
I ate like crap last week and weekend (It was Thanksgiving and I just didn't care that much) I also didn't exercise that whole week either. So on Monday I was curious to see how much I had gained over the weekend. I had gained 2 pounds since Friday! It bugged me a little bit, but I got back to work this week. I have been excersising in the morning and eating a lot better.
You know what, not only did I lose those 2 pounds, I also lost 0.6 more! It show me that if I take this weight loss thing slowly (up to 2 pounds a week) then when I do have a bad week I can bounce right back. Losing a lot of weight at once sounds ideal, but I don't think it is really permanent. Losing a little weight each week makes it much more permanent. While a 10 pound weight loss would be awesome each week, it is more awesome to know that my hard work will stick around for awhile.
10 years ago
2 comments:
Great words of advice! I know for me the slow and steady has really paid off as well!
Great job. I think we all want the magic weight loss. But you are right.
Post a Comment